តាមដានសត្វចៃ, គឺស្មើភាពមមាញឹក, ស្ថិតក្នុងចំណោមសត្វល្មូនដែលឆ្លាតវៃបំផុតនៅទីនោះ. ប្រសិនបើអ្នកទុកសត្វចៃធំជាសត្វចិញ្ចឹម, អ្នកនឹងភ្ញាក់ផ្អើលដោយធម្មជាតិចង់ដឹងចង់ឃើញរបស់ពួកគេ។, ការចងចាំនិងការយល់ដឹង. ជាសត្វឆ្លាត, ទោះបីជា, ពួកគេមានទំនោរធុញទ្រាន់យ៉ាងងាយស្រួល ហើយវាមានសារៈសំខាន់សម្រាប់អ្នកក្នុងនាមជាអ្នកថែទាំដើម្បីផ្តល់នូវការរំញោចគ្រប់គ្រាន់ដើម្បីរក្សាពួកគេឱ្យមានការរំញោចផ្នែកបញ្ញា។. នេះគេហៅថា«ការចម្រើន», and can be achieved in several ways.
Enrichment Ideas for Big Lizards
1. Environmental enrichment
The most important and effective way to enrich your reptile’s life is to make sure they live in an adequate environment. Big lizards need a lot of space – they are burrowing creatures that enjoy exploring their surroundings, but also need hiding spaces where they can feel safe from predators. Some species may enjoy climbing or bathing in water. Placing large logs, branches and ledges in your enclosure can make the difference between a “cage” and a more natural-looking environment.
Here’s a few ideas on how you can enrich your lizard’s enclosure:
- Place adequately sized hides such as large logs or buckets
- Provide a large enough bowl of water or small bathtub for your lizard can bathe in. Replace water daily.
- Setup heat lamps in different areas within the enclosure, so that there are hot basking areas as well as cooler areas to allow for thermoregulation
- Consider setting up a bioactive substrate with live plants and isopods
- Rearrange “furniture” in the enclosure every time you take it out for cleaning
2. Scatter feed enrichment
Feeding enrichment is a particularly effective way to enrich a monitor lizard’s life by allowing them to develop their natural hunting and foraging skills. In nature, monitor lizards are mostly carnivores, but will also scavenge on dead meat and feed on other animal’s eggs. Other big lizards such as tegus will even forage for plants and fruits. Instead of feeding your pet with tongs, you can mimic a more natural behaviour by letting them catch live insects or hiding their food so they can both have some fun treasure hunting while also staying active.
Here’s some scatter feed enrichment ideas:
- Release farm-raised insects such as crickets and roaches into the enclosure
- Hide food treats within the enclosure, preferably on logs or branches or underneath leaves. Better not burying food in the ground to avoid risk of substrate injection which may lead to impaction.
- Get a dog’s treat toy or easter egg for hiding treats
3. Scent enrichment
Reptiles have a very developed sense of smell which helps them forage and hunt. Adding natural scent trails around the enclosure can create enrichment and motivate your lizard to be more active. This is similar to scatter feed enrichment but you do not need to offer food rewards every time, which can be especially useful to avoid the risk of obesity if your monitor tends to eat too much and not move enough.
Here’s some scent enrichment ideas:
- Spray some water mixed with essential oil around the enclosure
- Place a few drops of animal urine scents (such as deer or hog hunting scents)
PetsWithScales.com គឺជាគេហទំព័រផ្តល់ព័ត៌មានអំពីការថែទាំសត្វចិញ្ចឹមសត្វចៃធំ. យើងប្រមូល និងផ្តល់ព័ត៌មានពីប្រភពផ្សេងៗគ្នានៅទូទាំងបណ្តាញ អំពីរបៀបរក្សាទុក និងថែទាំសត្វល្មូនជាសត្វចិញ្ចឹម. ប្រភេទដែលយើងដោះស្រាយជាចម្បងគឺសត្វខ្លា, តាមដានសត្វចៃ, skinks និង geckos. គោលបំណងរបស់យើងគឺផ្តល់ព័ត៌មានដែលមានគុណភាពខ្ពស់ ដើម្បីជួយម្ចាស់សត្វចិញ្ចឹមឱ្យកាន់តែប្រសើរឡើង, ការសម្រេចចិត្តដែលមានការយល់ដឹងកាន់តែច្រើនអំពីរបបអាហាររបស់សត្វរបស់ពួកគេ។, សុខភាព និងជីវិត.